ManBooker 2016 shortlist has been announced today. The winner would be announced on 25th October 2016. Which means that I have a selection six of the best fiction books published this year on our reading list and around six weeks to read all of them, review them, and predict the winner (before the final prize is announced). Exciting six weeks ahead!!
Here is the shortlist –
- Paul Beatty (US) – The Sellout [Genre: Humour]
- Deborah Levy (UK) – Hot Milk [Genre: Contemporary Fiction]
- Graeme Macrae Burnet (UK) – His Bloody Project [Genre: Thriller]
- Ottessa Moshfegh (US) – Eileen [Genre: Contemporary Fiction]
- David Szalay (Canada-UK) – All That Man Is [Genre: Contemporary Fiction]
- Madeleine Thien (Canada) – Do Not Say We Have Nothing [Genre: Literary Fiction]
PS: slightly disappointed not to see any Indian names in the list.
PS: It has been more than one and a half years since I wrote anything related to books/reading/literary stuff. I always know that I have been neglecting blogging, but, somehow, in my mind I never assumed that the gap is more than few months, a temporary phase and I will pick up again very soon. Also, I completely missed blogging about Manbooker 2015 (I wrote a lot about Manbooker 2014 and Manbooker 2013). What to say, life happened when I was busy making plans for this blog. Hopefully, would be more regular now.